10 to 15
- • 1 teXga flank steak (1.5-2 lbs.)
- • 1 sweet onion, sliced and sautéed
- • 3 oz. shredded pepper jack cheese
- • 4 slices provolone cheese
- • 1 TBS of your favorite steak seasoning (give or take based on your seasoning preference)
- • 1-2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- • Butcher's twine
Jazz up your flank steak with this tasty recipe!
After your flank steak is thawed, take a meat hammer and pound the steak down to where it is extra thin.
Paint on extra virgin olive oil and season the steak with your favorite steak seasoning.
After your seasonings have been added sprinkle on your sautéed onions and cheeses to your flank steak.
Roll your steak up and tie the roll together in 4-5 places with butcher's twine.
Slice your flank steak into about six pieces. (Note: Your end pieces may be a little tough to keep their shape but it can be done.)
Season the outside of your steaks again with your steak seasoning.
Place pinwheels down on your cooking platform of choice. (Note: When cooking, we chose to complete this recipe on our Blackstone cooktop. It could easily be done in a cast iron pan or on a hot grill.) Cook each side for a few minutes. Cheese will melt and steak will cook to medium temperature.