Smoked teXga Queso:
- 1-1.5 lbs. sirloin steak, cut in to bite sized pieces
- Kosher salt, black pepper, garlic salt to taste
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup *heavy cream
- *2-4 TBS flour (if sauce needs thickening)
- 2 TBS *Mustard (Some recipes call for Dijon. We prefer local Abby J's Jalapeño Mustard sauce.)
- Minced parsley to top dish
- Put olive oil in pan and cook steak bites. Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Set aside.
- Chop veggies and cook in pan with beef stock for 3-5 minutes.
- Add sour cream, mustard and heavy cream to veggies and stock.
- *To thicken sauce, add a little more heavy cream if needed, along with flour.
- Add steak back into pan
- Cook noodles in separate pot then toss into the meat sauce.
- Top with parsley and enjoy!
**Our family's favorite way to eat sirloin steak!