- 1 teXga flank steak (1.5-2 lbs.)
- 1 sweet onion, sliced and sautéed
- 3 oz. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 TBS of your favorite steak seasoning (give or take based on your seasoning preference)
- 1-2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Butcher's twine
- After your flank steak is thawed, take a meat hammer and pound the steak down to where it is extra thin.
- Paint on extra virgin olive oil and season the steak with your favorite steak seasoning
- After your seasonings have been added sprinkle on your sautéed onions and cheeses to your flank steak.
- Roll your steak up and tie the roll together in 4-5 places with butcher's twine.
- Slice your flank steak into about six pieces.
- Note: Your end pieces may be a little tough to keep their shape but it can be done.
- Season the outside of your steaks again with your steak seasoning.
To cook --
- We chose to complete this recipe on our Blackstone cooktop. It could easily be done in a cast iron pan or on a hot grill.
- Place pinwheels down on your cooking platform of choice. Cook each side for a few minutes. Cheese will melt and steak will cook to medium temperature.