- 1 package of teXga cube steak (4 steaks)
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 TBS steak seasoning
- 2 tsp cracked pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Shortening (*How much depends no size/depth of your pan)
- Melt shortening in a cast iron pan and bring it up to heat. Oil should be around 425°.
- Put your flour + seasonings in a ziplock bag. Drop steaks in ziplock too and shake bag to bread the steaks. Make sure the steaks are fully covered.
*Looking for something for the entire family? Cut your steaks into nugget bites before tossing in flour + seasonings!
- Cook steaks in oil until desired crispness and doneness (start with cooking 90 seconds per side)
For the gravy...
- After cooking your steaks, use your left over oil (No more than 3 TBS) and seasoning flour (about 1/4 cup flour) to make a roux. Add 1. cup of milk and stir for a gravy (medium heat) to top your steak with. Want more gravy? Add more milk. Need it to be thicker? Add more flour!